Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Clogged Tear Duct

Kyla sure gave us a scare last night, before heading to bed I went into her room to give her a midnight feeding. I never turn on the lights I just use the bathroom light, but somehow I could tell something was different, she was trying so hard to open both eyes but one of them wouldn't open. So Tim turned on her lamp and to our surprise her eye was sealed shut with eye boogers! It was so scary; we called the hospital nursery and they said it could be pink eye or a clogged tear duct and to just use warm wet washcloths and take her to the Dr. the next day. We made an appointment and went to the doctor, sure enough it was a clogged tear duct and we had to put this ointment on her eye until everything cleared up. The only thing about getting to go to the doctor unexpectedly is we got to find out how much she weighs! This trip she weighed 9 lbs 7 oz!

I also want to say Happy Birthday to my brother Jakob! We love you so much and are so proud of you! We sure will miss you when you go away to boot camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment